Your privacy is critically important to us.
At Swixjet Aviation we have a few fundamental principles, these are the followings:
• We are respectful of personal information that we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services,
• We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it,
• We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
• Our website (SWIXJET.COM);
• Our other products and services that are available on or through our platform.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us, and automatically through operating our Services. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
• Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your profile. For example, your username is part of that profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile, such as a logo or a photo or a description. Your public profile information is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
• Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you (professional, private) in draft and published content.
• Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you decide to fill out a form (financing, contact page, partnership, aircraft valuation, etc.) or when you respond to surveys or communicate with our team. If you do not wish to provide your information electronically, please do not use our web platform. You can contact us by other means, by phone or by post mail, as you prefer.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
• Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you fill out a request form on our website.
• Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (i.e., page views, support document searches and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (i.e., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
• Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
• To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features and solutions that we think our users will appreciate or will help them when navigating on our website;
• To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
• To monitor and prevent any problems with our platform, protect the security of our website, detect and prevent fraudulent operations and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of our company and others, which may result in us declining a request or the use of our Services;
• To communicate with you, for example through an email, about solutions and Services offered by our company, or our partners, and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our Services and our products; and
• To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our customers.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our website, to monitor and prevent any security problems with our Services; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
• Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you and to your clients. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like financial institutions that process your leasing/loan/credit request, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (i.e. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
• Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
• To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of our company, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is a serious risk of fraud, we may disclose the related information without delay.
• With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
• Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our website and Services.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to our platform, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to the website and investigate issues if something goes wrong on our platform.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect the platform and information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
• Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information and profile information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
• Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about legal notices.
• Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies. Or, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features of the platform may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
• Request access to your personal data;
• Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
• Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
• Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
• Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings (if available), or you can contact us: scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of CHF 150.- to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Our Services are provided mainly in Switzerland.
How to Reach Us
Swixjet Aviation, Ltd.
Avenue des Baumettes 7
Because our Services are offered mainly in Switzerland, the information about you that we process when you use the Services in the EU may be used, stored, and/or accessed by individuals operating outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who work with us or third party data processors.
This is required for the purposes listed in the How and Why We Use Information section above.
Lausanne, July 2021.