Your privacy is critically important to us.
At Swixjet Aviation we have a few fundamental principles, these are the followings:
• We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
• We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
• We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
• We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are the folks behind Swixjet Platform: SWIXJET.COM, and a variety of services designed (or in development currently) to build up an aerospace trading platform in Switzerland.
• Our website (SWIXJET.COM);
• Our other products and services that are available on or through our platforms; and
• Other users’ pages that use our Services, while you are logged in to your account with us.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
• Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you depending on the type of account (professional, private) you want to open in order to set up your account. For example, we ask from aviation professionals willing to sign up for an account to provide some basic information about their company in order to set up the page of the company. You may provide us with more information but we don’t require that information to better present your company on the platform.
• Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile, such as a logo or a photo or an “About us” description. Your public profile information is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
• Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a subscription to an advertising plan, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
• Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you (professional, private) in draft and published content (such as for your website). For example, if you publish an ad that includes your contact information, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly. This might be obvious to you but it seemed to us necessary to clarify it!
• Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you decide to fill out a form (contact page, partnership, aircraft valuation, etc.) or when you respond to surveys or communicate with our support team. If you do not wish to provide your information electronically, please do not use our web platform. You can contact us by other means, by phone or by post mail, as you prefer.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
• Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create an account or make changes to your pages on SWIXJET.COM.
• Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. In other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (i.e., [SWIXJET.COM username] deleted “[title of post]” at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (i.e., page views, support document searches, features enabled for your pages, interactions with our Admin Bar and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (i.e., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
• Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
• Interactions with Other Users’ Sites: We collect some information about your interactions with other users’ pages while you are logged in to your account with us, such as your “Likes” and the fact that you commented on a particular post, so that we can, for example, recommend posts we think may interest you.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your SWIXJET.COM account through another service (like Google). We will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
• To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your page- Professional, Private -, backup and restore your page, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
• To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their ads ad more efficiently;
• To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
• To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
• To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Swixjet and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
• To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by SWIXJET.COM and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on SWIXJET.COM and our products; and
• To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any security problems with our Services; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
• Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you and to your clients. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to secure payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (i.e. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
• Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
• To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Swixjet, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is a serious risk of fraud, we may disclose the related information without delay.
• With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your page (professional, private).
• Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
• Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on the platform and comments on other pages, are all available to others.
For example, the photo or the logo that you upload to your public profile, or a default image if you haven’t uploaded one, is your Globally Recognized Avatar, or Gravatar. Your Gravatar, along with other public profile information, will display with the ads and comments that you make on the platform.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of Swixjet’s platform, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Swixjet’s website and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect the platform and information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to enable our advanced security settings, like Two Step Authentication.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
• Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
• Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
• Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies. Or, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Swixjet’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of the platform may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
• Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services you can close your SWIXJET.COM account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information, above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
• Request access to your personal data;
• Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
• Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
• Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
• Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of CHF 150.- to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Our Services are provided mainly in Switzerland.
How to Reach Us
Avenue Mon-Repos 22
Because Swixjet’s Services are offered mainly in Switzerland, the information about you that we process when you use the Services in the EU may be used, stored, and/or accessed by individuals operating outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who work for us or third party data processors.
This is required for the purposes listed in the How and Why We Use Information section above.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Ads appearing on any of our Services may be delivered by advertising networks. Other parties may also provide analytics services via our Services. These ad networks and analytics providers may set technologies (like cookies) to collect information about your use of our Services and across other websites and online services.
This information allows us and other companies to, among other things, analyze and track usage, determine the popularity of certain content, and deliver advertisements that may be more targeted to your interests.
Lausanne, March 2020.